Don’t Get Screwed!
Immigration Reform Has NOT Happened Yet. Be careful.
It’s that time of the season again when there is a lot of chatter on the Internet, TV, radio, Facebook – you name it — about immigration reform. Why, today, a group of Senators leaked information about their comprehensive approach to fixing immigration law and providing a pathway to citizenship.
The thing is: it is just chatter. Nothing is signed. Nothing is concrete. Nothing to apply for. Just yet. Don’t get us wrong, though. There is a lot to push for. There is a lot to demand from our elected representatives. But right now, the best thing to do is:
(1) Determine your immigration status. We know that sounds kind of funny – but you’d be surprised that many folks right now can qualify for immigration benefits. It is worthwhile to check in with a good attorney to get the facts on your case. This is good for a couple of reasons. One, you will know if there are options available right now. Two, you will know exactly where you stand if immigration reform happens. Three, you’ll have a good starting point for making informed decisions.
(2) Get connected with a safe information network. What’s a safe information network? You should connect with a good attorney or reputable community organization that can provide you with a safe place to get information about the law and changes in the law. That way, when you hear all the chatter in the news or from your friends or on your social media networks, you will know that you can verify the information.
Check it out Don’t Get Screwed: Get Connected.
We say all this because we don’t want you (or anyone) to get screwed by a lousy attorney, a notario, or some other kind of immigration scam.
Pass it On.
Don’t Get Screwed.
More Don't Get Screwed; Get Connected! Articles :
- Women’s Refugee Commission releases “Know Your Parental Rights Fast Facts” »
- Houston DACA Renewal Financial Assistance Information »
- Local Forums about DACA »
- What’s the news about Executive Action? »
- Be careful when preparing your tax refund! »
- What is happening with DACA and DAPA? »
- 3 Things You Need to Know about DACA & DAPA »
- Breaking news! DAPA and DACA Expansion on hold »
- Executive Action Community Forums – Foros Comunitarios sobre Acción Ejecutiva »
- How the US deportation system endangers refugees. »
- Executive Action: What it would mean and how you can get prepared. »
- Become a community organizer! »
- Consultas gratuitas en Bend el 11 de Julio »
- Free Bend Consultations July 11 »
- Immigrant Law Group demands a RESPECT policy to halt police-ICE collaboration in Oregon »
- Washington counties leave ICE out »
- ¡La ayuda equivocada puede perjudicarle! »
- Can I open bank account? »
- DACA Renewals – Get Ready »
- Consulado de Guatemala en Oregon »
- Important Update for Family Petitioners »
- Centro de Oregon: Conozca sus opciones! »
- 5 reasons to get screened today »
- What happens to my case during the government shutdown? »
- Immigration Rally in Portland Draws Hundreds of Supporters »
- Central Oregon: Get Screened. It’s Free! »
- Ask Walden »
- Bend Free Immigration Clinic »
- Sign the Petition for Immigration Reform! »
- Don’t Get Screwed; Get Connected! »
- Que no le tomen el pelo: Apoye la Reforma »
- Preparase Para La Reforma »
- Safe Information Network »
- Could I qualify? »
- DOMA ha muerto – Infographic »
- DOMA ha sido deportada! »
- The Debate Begins »
- Infographic: Immigration Reform Path to Enactment »
- Immigration Reform: Proposed Law Expected Tuesday »
- Don’t Get Screwed! »