How to Get Ready for a Consultation
If this is your first consultation with a lawyer or you are an experienced professional, here are some things we’ve learned about making the most of the first appointment:
(1) Write out your questions ahead of time — every single one.
(2) Bring paper to take notes
(3) Bring your vital records such as birth certificates, marriage certificates,
divorce decrees, passports
(4) Bring any criminal court and police documents if you have ever had a criminal charge or conviction
(5) Bring any and all immigration forms and documents that you have. The more information you bring, the more likely it is that we will be able to provide you with timely answers and information
(6) Be on time
(7) When in doubt, bring it to the appointment!
© 2016 Immigrant Law Group. | Blog