Immigration Reform Summit – Sept 24
On September 24 immigration rights advocates from across the state will gather for an immigration reform summit!
The Immigration Reform Summit is an invitation only event. If your organization serves or advocates for immigrant populations and you would like to request an invitation please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your organization’s work.
Here are the details:
Immigration Reform Summit September 24
We don’t know what the outcome of immigration reform talks in Congress will be, but we do know that there are people in Oregon who are eligible for benefits today and many more people will become eligible if a comprehensive reform bill is signed. As organizations, activists, and agencies who work with immigrant populations, now is the time to mobilize and take action. We must do everything we can to make sure that those who are eligible now, under current immigration law, have access to real answers about their immigration options. And what better time to develop systems and networks to prepare for reform so that we can offer credible ways to learn about the new laws and how to start applying for benefits?
The Immigration Reform Summit on September 24, 8:45AM – 12:00PM at Catholic Charities in Portland will allow Oregon’s myriad agencies to gather and develop strategies for immigration reform preparedness. Let’s come together to talk about what our agencies can provide Oregon’s residents now and once reform passes.
By attending the summit you can:
- Network and coordinate strategies and events.
- Connect to a network of immigration attorneys and authorized legal service providers who are willing to attend your event or provide free legal services.
- Hear from experts how to best advise people about immigration reform.
- Initiate a discussion on developing a comprehensive approach to providing services throughout the state.
- Take home resources for your clients about immigration reform preparedness.
Who can attend?
- Staff or colleagues who currently work for your organization.
- The reform summit is an invitation only event. If you think there is an agency that ought to have been invited (and wasn’t), let us know!
- Pre-registration is required. Registration is free and subject to approval. We may limit the number of individuals per agency who may register because of space capacity. We will confirm registration by September 17 at 5pm.
How can I register?
- RSVP to email@example.com by September 16 at 5pm.
- Don’t forget to RSVP for your staff or colleagues if others from your organization will be joining you.
Presented by Catholic Charities, SOAR: a program of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon, Rural Organizing Project, ACORN Outreach, PCUN, Immigrant Law Group PC, CAUSA, Immigration Counseling Service (ICS), Marandas & McClellan LLC and the Oregon Chapter of AILA.