Now hiring!
PHONE: 503.241.0035
333 SW 5th Ave. #525
Portland, OR 97204

Driver’s card update–get out and make a difference!

This November, the Oregon Driver’s Card Referendum will be on the ballot. The Driver Card Law would allow undocumented persons living in Oregon to apply for a four year Driver’s Card. The card would not be a substitute for other forms of government identification (like a state-issued driver’s license or passport), but would contribute to safer streets by encouraging undocumented drivers to get driver’s training and insurance.

To learn more about the Driver Card Law, check out ILG’s driver card FAQ.

Passing this law is vital to the safety of Oregon’s communities. Issuing Driver’s Cards to trained and certified drivers will increase driver accountability and promote safer streets. Additionally, the temporary cards will allow undocumented community members to contribute by transporting themselves to work, school or day-care.

For more talking points about the Driver Card Law, read CAUSA’s quick fact list.

We need you to make your voice heard! Encourage street-safety by endorsing Oregon’s Driver Card Law.

What can I do to help?

There are two ways that you can help to pass this law.

If you are undocumented or not a United States Citizen:

  1. Print out this individual endorsement form
  2. Include your name, email, city, date, and check YES to supporting the Oregon Safe Roads campaign
  3. Upload your form and send it to YES on Safe Roads Oregon at

If you are an American Citizen:

  1.  Learn how to register to vote by reading our post here. Or, if you are already prepared, register to vote in Oregon online.
  2. On November 4th, 2014, go to a voting both and vote yes on Referendum Petition #301

Attention! You should only register to vote if you are a United States citizen. Attempting to register without citizenship may put you and your family in danger.

But if you have been a Legal Permanent Resident in the United States for more than 5 years, or if you have been a Legal Permanent Resident for more than 3 years and have a spouse who is a U.S. citizen, you might qualify for Naturalization. Learn about how to become a naturalized citizen and how to get the most out of your citizenship by reading ILG’s post here.

Driver Card Flyer-page-0

Stay up to date by reading all of ILG’s updates about the Driver Card Law! Then get out and make your voice heard.