Attorney Stephen Manning and Amicus Committee Honored
For the second year in a row, Immigrant Law Group is proud to announce that one of its attorneys has been honored by the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association (AILA) for outstanding litigation in defense of immigrant rights.
At AILA’s National Conference in Washington, DC, Stephen Manning received the 2010 Jack Wasserman Memorial Award for excellence in litigation in the field of immigration law on behalf of the Amicus Committee. Stephen is a founding attorney of the firm.”
The 2009-2010 AILA Amicus Committee, led by Oregon-based attorney Stephen Manning, has pushed the boundaries on effective legal advocacy, and hones the ‘amicus’ voice of AILA for judges and administrative adjudicators to hear and understand AILA’s position,” AILA announced in apress release.
Under Stephen’s leadership, the committee litigated important questions all across the country to advance the rights of immigrants. Recently, the committee filed an amicus brief in the Arizona district court case of Friendly House v. Whiting, supporting a preliminary injunction of the now-infamous, anti-immigrant Arizona statute commonly referred to as SB 1070.Over the past year, the Committee also engaged in litigation in all Circuits and filed briefs in many more important cases, as well as also authored practice advisories to better inform attorneys on the complex issues in immigration law, established Circuit monitors and engaged in outreach on important legal topics. The Committee members also author the AILA Slip Opinion Blog at www.ailaslipopinionblog.org.
Last year, AILA honored Stephen Manning with the Edith Lowenstein Award for excellence in advancing the practice of immigration law.
More Impact Litigation Articles :
- Oregon overturns marriage ban! »
- AILA chooses Stephen Manning as a Pro Bono Hero »
- Adam Walsh Act – A Legal Guide »
- What to do about Brand X? »
- United States v. Aguila Montes de Oca »
- Delgado v Holder »
- Matter of Garcia-Arreola »
- Flores-Villar v. United States »
- Matter of Garcia Garcia »
- Nunez-Reyes v. Holder »
- Thoughts about Delgado v. Holder »
- Acosta v. Gonzales »
- Medina-Morales v. Ashcroft »
- Chaly-Garcia v. United States »
- Ledezma-Galicia v Holder »
- On Expedited Removal and Reinstatement »
- Manning honored »
- important cases »
- ILG activism »
- BKYR: Beyond Know Your Rights, Announcement »
- Attorneys Present Tips on Federal Litigation »
- BKYR school visit »
- Deportation Repair Project call for cases »
- Deportation Repair Project: Volunteer Recruitment »