Sign the Petition for Immigration Reform!
Republican leadership is blocking a vote on immigration reform. That is undemocratic. Sign the Petition!
Did you know that there is wide-spread bipartisan support to pass immigration reform today? That’s right. Believe it or not, there are enough votes in the House of Representatives — both Democratic and Republican — to approve immigration reform. So what’s the problem?
Republican leadership refuses to let Congress vote. Instead, Republican leadership is using procedural obstacles to prevent any kind of vote on comprehensive reform. That’s just plain wrong. Here in Oregon, Representative Greg Walden is an important Republican voice. He runs part of the national Republican reelection campaign. If he supports immigration reform, then there is a good chance that the leadership might let Congress vote.
Our partners, Causa – Oregon’s statewide immigrant rights coalition — are gathering signatures on a petition to present to Mr. Walden on September 17, 2013. You can download the petition here: Petition-for-Immigration-Reform. Sign it and return it by September 15, 2013. Or you can join the march for citizenship. To register for the march for citizenship go to www.causaoregon.org/walkforcitizenship.
Registered walkers are eligible for a free immigration screening in Bend. More information about the Bend Free Immigration Clinic go to www.ilgrp.com/bendclinic.
More Don't Get Screwed; Get Connected! Articles :
- Women’s Refugee Commission releases “Know Your Parental Rights Fast Facts” »
- Houston DACA Renewal Financial Assistance Information »
- Local Forums about DACA »
- What’s the news about Executive Action? »
- Be careful when preparing your tax refund! »
- What is happening with DACA and DAPA? »
- 3 Things You Need to Know about DACA & DAPA »
- Breaking news! DAPA and DACA Expansion on hold »
- Executive Action Community Forums – Foros Comunitarios sobre Acción Ejecutiva »
- How the US deportation system endangers refugees. »
- Executive Action: What it would mean and how you can get prepared. »
- Become a community organizer! »
- Consultas gratuitas en Bend el 11 de Julio »
- Free Bend Consultations July 11 »
- Immigrant Law Group demands a RESPECT policy to halt police-ICE collaboration in Oregon »
- Washington counties leave ICE out »
- ¡La ayuda equivocada puede perjudicarle! »
- Can I open bank account? »
- DACA Renewals – Get Ready »
- Consulado de Guatemala en Oregon »
- Important Update for Family Petitioners »
- Centro de Oregon: Conozca sus opciones! »
- 5 reasons to get screened today »
- What happens to my case during the government shutdown? »
- Immigration Rally in Portland Draws Hundreds of Supporters »
- Central Oregon: Get Screened. It’s Free! »
- Ask Walden »
- Bend Free Immigration Clinic »
- Sign the Petition for Immigration Reform! »
- Don’t Get Screwed; Get Connected! »
- Que no le tomen el pelo: Apoye la Reforma »
- Preparase Para La Reforma »
- Safe Information Network »
- Could I qualify? »
- DOMA ha muerto – Infographic »
- DOMA ha sido deportada! »
- The Debate Begins »
- Infographic: Immigration Reform Path to Enactment »
- Immigration Reform: Proposed Law Expected Tuesday »
- Don’t Get Screwed! »